Let us help accelerate your IT environment
In today’s macro world, it’s not uncommon for your business to face the challenge of having to do more with less. From organizations needing to maintain always-available IT access to secure information, to maintaining compliance with ever-evolving industry regulations — our Virtualization Solutions transform your IT infrastructure to leverage a more secure, scalable, reliable, and cost effective solution.
How Does it Work?
Virtualization is the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility – not just for large enterprises, but for small and midsize businesses too.
Virtualization software technology makes it possible to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same server at the same time, improving IT agility, flexibility, and scalability while creating significant cost savings. Workloads get deployed faster, performance and availability increases and operations become automated, resulting in IT that’s simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
Plan for future IT growth and speed up your network productivity with a free consultation with our specialists!
DelmarvaVoIP® is named
TOP 10 VoIP Phone
DelmarvaVoIP's system design, implementation and customer service was far above industry standards. Their staff's expertise far exceeded our expectations.
I was extremely impressed with the diligence and efficiency of the DelmarvaVoIP team! They set a high standard for customer service and quality of work, which is refreshing to find in today's fast paced technology world!
The DelmarvaVoIP team took time to determine our needs, shared options, gave suggestions for improvement and made updates painless for our unique quarterly publication. We are proud of our user friendly, page turning website and highly recommend DelmarvaVoIP for any residential or business needs. They believe in dependable customer care, individual attention and high performance.
The Web Starter Package is exactly what our business has been lacking!
Thank you so much for your help getting our website up and running with the Starter Package. It's just amazing. It fits our needs perfectly!
Thank you for making it painless, pleasant and most of all hassle free! I can't say enough about the DelmarvaVoIP Web Starter Package. [Web Starter Package] It's worth so much more than I pay each month.
Utilize the full power of your servers
Learn about Virtualization
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization is the process of creating a virtual, rather than physical, version of something. In the IT world, it can apply to computers, operating systems, storage devices, applications, or networks. However, server virtualization – the division of one physical server into multiple isolated virtual environments – is where the value lies.
Most servers used in IT environments are designed to run just one operating system and application at a time. As each server operates at just 5 to 15 percent of capacity, even small data centers have to deploy many servers.
Virtualization uses software to simulate the existence of hardware and create a virtual computer system. Doing this allows businesses to run more than one virtual system – and multiple operating systems and applications — on a single server. This improves scalability, cuts costs and improves efficiency.
What is a Virtual Machine?
A virtual machine (VM) is a software implementation of a machine (for example, a computer) that executes programs like a physical machine. Virtual machines are separated into two major classes, based on their use and degree of correspondence to any real machine
- A system virtual machine provides a complete system platform which supports the execution of a complete operating system (OS). These usually emulate an existing architecture, and are built with the purpose of either providing a platform to run programs where the real hardware is not available for use (for example, executing on otherwise obsolete platforms), or of having multiple instances of virtual machines leading to more efficient use of computing resources, both in terms of energy consumption and cost effectiveness (known as hardware virtualization, the key to a cloud computing environment), or both.
- A process virtual machine (also, language virtual machine) is designed to run a single program, which means that it supports a single process. Such virtual machines are usually closely suited to one or more programming languages and built with the purpose of providing program portability and flexibility (amongst other things). An essential characteristic of a virtual machine is that the software running inside is limited to the resources and abstractions provided by the virtual machine—it cannot break out of its virtual environment.
Is Virtualization the same as Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing – IT services provided over the Internet or a dedicated network – is something you can do using Virtualization.
If you aren’t utilizing the cloud for data storage or remote application hosting you can still virtualize your servers and eventually move to the cloud for more flexibility and better self service.
What are the benefits?
- Significant Cost Savings – 16 Virtual Machines can be run on one traditional server, and businesses that embrace Virtualization can save up to 50% over those that rely on physical resources.
- Improved Efficiency – increased productivity and hardware savings, along with a decrease in application downtime and troubleshooting lead to benchmarks in performance
- Business Continuity – Properly managed Virtualization keeps disruptions and downtime to a minimum, decreasing lost revenue.
- Better Agility – Easily deployed and scaled resources mean your company is better prepared to respond to new opportunities
- Future Preparedness – Virtualization makes transitioning to cloud-based applications and storage easier – in addition to streamlining the leverage of analytics, social media, mobility and consumerization.